Champion your innovation: enter the NZ Innovation Awards 201722 June 2017. Posted by Emily Agnew.
Kiwis are an innovative bunch. From the humble paperclip, to building rockets, to feeding hungry kids, to cola with a conscience. Kiwis have innovation in their bones and we want to encourage those who have created something innovative- whether it’s a product, service, process or business to enter the NZ Innovation Awards 2017.
Now in their seventh year, the NZ Innovation Awards have seen countless new connections made and watched the national innovation ecosystem grow and mature. “We've watched with great pride as past entrants, finalists and winners change the world by developing new products, applying new technologies and growing new markets”, says Louise Webster Founder and CEO.
In 2016, when the medical scanning technology company ARANZ Medical entered the New Zealand Innovation Awards and won Supreme New Zealand Innovator, they never imagined the impact it would have on their business; “To be the Supreme Innovator is just superb, it’s a real testament to the team that we have back in Christchurch - to have this acknowledgement is just brilliant”, says Dr Bruce Davey CEO Aranz Medical.
Webster says: “It doesn’t matter what industry you are working in, or what stage of growth you are at – you may have an innovation project that is still in development, a product or service that you have just launched to market, or a business that you have been growing for many years. Regardless of your size or stage of growth, we want to hear about your contribution to innovation.”
James & Wells joins Westpac NZ, the New Zealand Government, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand, Callaghan Innovation, Chorus, Equifax, Jade Software, KPMG, 3M, Museum of Transport and Technology (MOTAT), New Zealand Trade and Enterprise (NZTE), Plant & Food Research Limited, Radio LIVE, Regus, Sovereign and 90 Seconds as sponsors for the event
Webster says outstanding innovation can come from anywhere, “We’re on the lookout for innovators and innovations of every description. We’re looking for world changers across a broad range of businesses and industries.”
Organisations, teams and individuals can enter products from now until July 28, services, business processes or new business ventures, across twelve industry categories and ten business categories which include;
• Innovation in Agribusiness & Environment / Bayer NZ
• Innovation in Design & Engineering / James & Wells
• Innovation in Education, Training & Development / Chartered Accountants Association
• Innovation in Financial, Professional & Public Services / Equifax
• Innovation in Food & Beverage / Plant & Food Research
• Innovation in Health & Science / Chorus
• Innovation in Maori Development / KPMG
• Innovation in Media, Marketing & Communications / Idealog
• Innovation in Sustainability & Renewable Energy
• Innovation Systems & Performance Improvement / Westpac
• Innovation in Technology Solutions / Jade
• Innovation in Tourism & Entertainment / Idealog
BUSINESS DISCIPLINE CATEGORIES
• Innovation Excellence in Research
• Excellence in Social Innovation / Sovereign
• Start-up Innovator of the Year
• Emerging New Zealand Innovator / Regus
• Disruptive & Breakthrough Innovation / Westpac
• Export Innovator of the Year / NZTE
• Most Inspiring Individual / 3M
• Young New Zealand Innovator / MOTAT
• People's Choice / RadioLIVE
• Bayer Supreme New Zealand Innovation